Take Control of Your Future
The best way to predict the future is to create it! Strategic Planning is the process of envisioning the desired future of an organization and identifying the resources and actions needed to make that vision a reality. This highly collaborative process starts with the organization’s values, vision and mission. It identifies opportunities and challenges that will be encountered and addresses other factors that may of importance. It then generates short-, mid- and long-term goals, objectives and action plans that will achieve success. It also ensures that all staff and stakeholders are in alignment with the organization’s direction.
Business and organization leaders have found that developing a strategy and an implementation plan is far more effective than leaving the future to chance. Furthermore, developing a strategy, a vision, a mission and a specific plan of action contributes to long-term, sustainable success. If implemented correctly, it will create higher levels of motivation and commitment, and fuel continuously higher levels of achievement from everyone within the organization.
Developing the Plan
Our Strategic Planning process provides a format for developing specific strategies, converting those strategies into a business planning process, and establishing measurable and attainable organizational goals. It is a process that involves not only determining where an organization wants and needs to go, but also how it is going to get there.
The effective implementation of the strategic plan is the true determining factor as to whether or not a company is effective.
Steps for Planning an Effective Process
- Create or Review Vision, Values and Mission Statements
- External Assessment
- Competitive and Trend Analysis
- SWOT Analysis (Strength, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Critical Goal Categories (Objectives)
- Prioritized Critical Goal Categories
- Organizational Goals
- Budget Implications
The Results Are Measurable
- Increased Market Share
- Maximized Return on Your Intellectual Capital
- Increased Shareholder Earnings
- Strengthened Focus on Attracting, Servicing and Keeping Customers
- Greater Employee Contributions to Results Realized
- Defined Strategic Direction
- Corporate Values Developed or Reviewed
- Motivated Employees
- Resources Allocated
- Success Defined
- Teams Created
- Guidelines for Delegation and Decision Making Provided
- Pro-Active Management Promoted
- Trends and Technologies Identified
- Sense of Purpose Created